2008년 11월 16일 일요일

Gulliver's Travels - 10th blogging

from page 3 to 64

Gulliver travels to the Island of Lilliput. There, he magically meets people who are 6 inches tall. The natives think that he is some kind of foreign creature and tie him on the ground. When, Gulliver tries to stand up, breaking the tiny ropes that the natives had wrapped around, he gets shot by the needle-like arrows. He lies down and stays still while the people let him have some food and drinks. Since the people could not satisfy Gulliver’s endless appetite, Gulliver is being sent to the Emperor. He meets the Emperor and ironically, becomes the helper of their military. With his massive body-size, he leads the battle into a victory.

I just thought the story line was very hilarious. It kind of reminded me of the book “Alice in Wonderland,” where people are smaller (and bigger) than the normal people. Throughout the story, I was sort of upset at Gulliver’s benevolent attitude toward the dwarfs. If I were him, I would have killed everyone who bothered me. Since they are smaller than I, I would have been the kind of their land also. I don’t understand why Gulliver was so submissive. I hope he finds his true nature and comes up with more realistic solutions to cope with problems.

댓글 없음: