2008년 11월 22일 토요일

Gulliver's Travels - 11th blogging

I finished the story of Lilliputian Island. Gulliver, with giant body size and strength, became part of the military and eventually succeeded in defeating the enemies. He got awarded and the small Lilliputians made him a suit. He talked about their society and the nursery system. They were pretty similar to those of “Brave New World,” except that they had emotions. After a while, the palace burned. Having left his jacket in his home, he couldn’t extinguish the fire immediately. He talked about the wines that he drank that were extremely good and extinguished the fire with his urine. Even though he saved the palace, he was going to get punished by the Emperor but soon pardoned him and let him leave. Gulliver built his boat and left and headed England, his home.

           I totally love the descriptions that the author used. Not only the content itself was interesting, but also the way the author depicted the scenes are more hilarious. When he talked about measuring his body size to make a suit, I could totally imagine what was going on and picture the scenes. I felt as if I was reading a comic book, not a novel. It is funny how Gulliver coped with problems humorously. I thought he was going to blow the fire off when there was fire on the palace, but he ended up peeing there and extinguishing the fire. I really love the author’s imagination. As I read more and more, the story just reminded me of “Alice in Wonderland.” As I said before, the contents are really similar except that Gulliver was a man and Alice was a girl. I am looking forward to reading the next journey of Gulliver!

댓글 없음: